I was nominated for a Liebster Award which I had no idea was a thing but go figure. For those who are slightly confused don’t worry so was I. But here is the run down. ‘Liebster’ literally translates to ‘favorite’ from German. If you’re not familiar with the Liebster award, it is a way of connecting bloggers with each other and giving others a new audience. So someone actually read my blogs go figure.
I was nominated by Ben Leander or My Casual Trainwreck he writes about art and design and his life and feel free to ask him anything. We magically bonded over but Sex and the City references which will probably never stop. It’s sad and I know it but deal with it.
Anyway these are the questions he had for me:
1.Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging as away to just get the thoughts in my head out. I didn’t feel like I could say them to anyone but still wanted to share them even if no read it. I’ll never win a Pulitzer but now that I have started this journey I just can’t stop sometimes when I think I’m stuck for an idea something will come to mind or I’ll get a feeling and just have to write. I wish I could devote more time to it sometimes.
2. What is one thing a reader of your blog wouldn’t expect about you?
Probably that I am very shy, quiet and awkward when you first meet me. My online persona can be a bit out there and very forward and no shame in sharing everything I have to offer. And if anyone has seen my Instagram, Twitter or Tumblr you’ll surely know that. But when I first meet someone I am very introverted till I get to know that person.
3. What was your childhood like?
My childhood was pretty stock stand for a boy who grew up in the suburbs of Melbourne. We weren’t well off but never went without, standard working class. I grew up playing sports, watching 80/90s cartoons (thanks to my brothers/cousins), played with Lego and video games. I was a typical boy really was hard not to be with two older brothers. Probably the strangest thing was that until about 8 I hadn’t been to the beach in summer all the photos are in winter cause my mother doesn’t do sun.
4. What is your biggest fear?
My biggest fear, this is rather difficult I’d say I’m scared of a few things but all I can think of is probably snakes and spiders. Tho that irrational fear of always being alone does like to pop his head in occasionally.
5. What would you do if you had to choose between never laughing again or never having sex again?
I am a highly sexual person so as much as I like laughing I’d have to give it up and keep having sex. It’s just in my nature.
6. What advice would you give your younger self?
Advice to my younger self, go with the feeling, don’t worry that you don’t understand it or know what it means. It will all make sense and be worth it. Everything will be ok and they already know.
7. Do you believe that love equals sex or can they be separated?
I believe they can be separate, but I believe sex is better with love. I have plenty of experiences where I have had sex and no feelings of love are there it’s all lust. But nothing beats having sex with someone who you have feelings for. That amazing sex comes with passion and connection that only comes from love.
I would like to nominate some fellow bloggers I’ve gotten to know over the last couple of months. These are people who I love checking in on and who I think have not participated in the Liebster award so far (I could be wrong about that though):
My Questions for them are:
- Why did you start your blog? and where do you see it in the future?
- What advice would you give to your younger self?
- Will you ever reveal the writer behind the blog?
- Love, Sex or Money? Which one would you choose?
- What is your idea of the Perfect first date?
- What are your non-negotiables when it comes to a boyfriend?
- Top 3 Favourite TV shows?
- Celebrity Crush?
- Display your nomination on your blog and thank the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers for this award and let them know about it.
- Form questions for them.
Hope they feel like participating.
Thanks again to Ben for the nomination. It was loads of fun to write this. I’d happily answer more questions.